About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
I'm not your typical runner. Not skinny. Not fast. But I do love to run and I love races!

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Going in the right direction

I did a little under 12 miles today, after doing 13 miles last weekend. My body tolerated it and I actually felt great today! 25 miles with just 2 runs! The weather was nice and cool - 52 degrees when we finished. I didn't have any back or hip pain at all. My foot started aching the last few miles but I believe it's still adjusting to long distances on the orthotics. I switched back to my Nathan Fuel belt today so I wouldn't have the weight of the 20 oz single bottle resting on my back. I don't think that caused my back pain during my race last week but it definitely didn't help it. I will probably reserve that belt for shorter distances.

In other good news, this week I lost the 5 pounds that I put on over the last 2 months!

13.3 pounds to onederland! I will make it there! When I get close to 210 I normally struggle. That seems to be my body's "set" point but I will just battle thru.



In the interest of full disclosure-I am eating a breakfast taco right now....but it's 11:24 am and that's all I've had and I ran 12 miles. Ok...I know that's not going to work....😃




But I did make better choices last week when things were crazy at work. Several days I couldn't go to lunch but sent a coworker to SNAP to get me a healthy meal.

One step at a time...



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments: