About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
I'm not your typical runner. Not skinny. Not fast. But I do love to run and I love races!

Friday, December 5, 2014

The first day of truth - facing the scale


The purpose of the blog this time around is to be totally honest and straightforward about my journey. 

To know how much progress you've made, you have to know where you started. 

The first step along this path is my weight.  I landed back in the USA Thursday after being gone for 26 days. 

My weight today (Sunday) is 218 per my home scale (sorry the picture is sideways). I actually basically maintained while I was gone although I can tell my body is "softer" from lack of exercise. My "healthy" goal weight range for my height of 5'4/5'5" is 117-155. My personal goal right now is 180 and then I will re-evaluate. 38 pounds sounds achievable. Right now if I pick something that seems impossible I will get discouraged before I even get started. 



My Measurements will be updated next week. I tried to do them myself tonight but would rather have official (I.e. Accurate) results. I can say that my waist size surprised me, and not in a good way! That's the one area I'm sure I measured correctly. 

On another note, I went for my first run in over a month. 3 miles. Ran 1 mile at a time, with a short walk break in between miles. Not bad for taking an entire month off! Of course, that's only 3 miles. I have a half marathon this coming weekend that I am no longer prepared for. One person online gave me very good advise.  She said not to beat myself up or spend the whole race thinking about the what ifs. (What if I would have trained while I was in India....). She said to just enjoy the experience for what it is and not let negative self talk take over. Very good advice!

One last thing-I have 2 meals prepped in the mini crockpots. A porkchop with gravy and chili. So I have taken away the fast food excuses for the first 2 days of the work week!



Recent photos 














No comments:

Post a Comment